Recalling and counting my blessings for this past year that has once again flown by us... and I realize that almost every single one of them includes you, my love. For 12 years of marriage, and over 20 years of friendship, you and I have been through so very very much, and we are always growing stronger, deeper, and more genuinely in love with one another...no matter what. How could I ever express to you what you do to me, for me, deep within me? You keep my grounded while helping to grow my wings to fly. You help me to push myself to find the real me... the woman that I am continually growing into, and somehow keep loving me through all the growing pains. You put up with my bitch side, and sometimes I think you even admire that side of me at times... if that's possible. =D You still think I'm sexy after all this time. You believe in ME. You are amazing.
The mere thought of you puts a smile on my face, and I find myself grinning like a giddy little school girl.
I am blessed in the fact that we can still sit and talk about everything, for hours on end. I also love that we can sit in complete silence and still be completely comfortable and happy.
I am blessed that we still write little notes to one another on the bathroom mirror.
I am blessed every time you (still) kiss me when you/ I / we see that it is 9:11. Or text me at 9:11 to tell me you love me.
I am in awe that, even this morning, you still get that wonderful sparkle in your eyes when you are kissing me goodbye before you are off to do something fun. And you take the time to wave goodbye each and every morning.
I am blessed in the way that you always make time to be with your kids; talking to them, getting to know the real people that they are... their needs, thoughts, feelings... the true beings that they are. They love you beyond what any words will ever be able to express, and you are blessed in that, sir.
I am blessed with this beautiful home we built together... working side by side from day one, and to this day still... creating a warm, happy, comfortable place that this wonderful family of ours can call HOME.
I am blessed to have four fantastic children to raise with you. They are my reason for breathing, my reason for laughing, and my reason for striving, every day, to be better than the day before. You gave me the gift of them, and I will FOREVER be showing you my love, admiration and appreciation for them, and for you.
I am not sure that I will ever be able to properly express to you the ways that you have changed me for the better, my love. However... here's my start. Thank you for being my every day blessing... for being my reason for pushing forward, for striving harder, for smiling. Thank you for being you.
I love you sweetheart.
Forever
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment