Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Time For Change

I have alot of ideas for myself for this years' New Years Resolutions... things to make me a better person that I was in the years prior.  Ideas of what I can change to become healthier, happier, and more productive.  I know that most Resolutions are usually only kept for the first month or so, for alot of people.  That they become more of a "To Do" list for the month of January (myself included).  I'm really hoping that I can keep these for the whole year... and I'm thinking if I make it more of a Bucket List, that it may be easier for me to keep going with them. Here's to hoping, anyway.

Okay... so let's see... some of my ideas right of hand... not in any certain order...

~START TAKING BETTER CARE OF MY BODY~

Get Healthy... NOT SKINNY! I want to tone up, not trim down.  I like my curves, thank you. =) I just think a little more exercise than I already do would be good for my heart and my mind.  Drink more water, eat less carbs, and not worry about what some scale tells me.  Do it just for me.




~ALLOW MYSELF TO BE MORE CREATIVE~

I want to get more creative in the home... and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a wall that is chalkboard... for notes, reminders, lists, activities, etc.   I have both of the items listed below just sitting around the house... could prove to be fun, and help with organization...



And this wonderful idea has sparked so many more in my mind... again, the creative streak in me is trying to come out.... need to nurture it a bit this year...

In the construction industry... you tend to run across a pallet or two from time to time... =D

                         Even Yesser!!! =D

I want to go Ice Fishing with my husband

I want to hike Harney Peak

I would like to take my husband on a weekend getaway somewhere in the woods.

I would like to take my girls on a mini shopping spree, where we all get dressed up really nice and go out for lattes and biscotti, and then go out for a fancy lunch.

I would love to take my young man out for a nice dinner, just him and I.

I want to help my husband rebuild the '72 Chevy that's sitting in our garage in pieces.

I want to be able to write more.

I want to quit smoking (I know this one is a long shot... but feel I should put it in here somewhere)

I would love to take a weekend and go visit my brother in Denver and see all the sites. (Yes, I'm talking about taking a trip all by myself for three whole days)

I want to plant another garden, and have more than just pumpkins! =)

I would like to paint the following on a wonderfully aged piece of large wood and hang it somewhere in my house where I will see it everyday, to remind me...



These are just a few of the many ideas I have in my head.  I'm going to keep adding to this for the next few days, and really make something come to life from all of this.  Just writing it down and getting the planning processes in motion is so very exciting to me.  Looking forward to the improved, even happier Jess.

Blessed Be!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment