Saturday, November 12, 2011

~ Let me Count the Ways ~

For the light of my life, on your 35th Birthday

These are just a few of the thousands of things that I adore about you, my love...

Through our years, I will keep telling you these... and more.


35 Things I Love About You

1.  The color and shape of your eyes, and they way they look at me.

2.  The feel of your hands

3.  The shape of your mouth (especially when you smile)

4.  Your laugh

5.  The way you goof around with your children

6.  Your understanding (of life, of love, of family)

7.  Your strong work ethic

8.  Your muscles

9.  Your witty sense of humor

10. The way you quietly moan in your sleep (when you're not snoring)

11. The way you gently push me to try new and different things

12.  How your children look at you

13.  You're ability to touch anything and know how to do it, whether it be auto body, building a house, making a planter, or cooking a meal. You are a true jack of all trades.

14. Your sense of pride in everything you do

15. Your loyalty to your word, your family, and your true friends

16. Listening to you talk to your kids during hard times... and the way you REALLY listen to them

17. When you make dinner (I'm a sucker for a man in the kitchen)

18. The way you turn into putty when I scratch your back

19. The fact that you shake off after a shower, and have to have every little drop of water dried off of you as soon as you step out. (I really think you were a cat at one time)

20. The fact that you do have 9 lives.  (Let's start saving some of them, please.) Either that, or you must have alot of angels that REALLY love you and watch out for you. Thank GOD for them!!!

21. The dreams and ambitions you harbor for our golden years

22. The fact that you provide for your family, through thick and thin, NO matter WHAT it takes

23. Your admiration for your mother

24. Your love for antiques, collectibles, and all things unique

25. Your ability to put up with my crazy

26. The fact that you never leave the house without telling me you love me

27. The way you wave at me every morning when You/I leave the house

28. The way your foot always has to be touching mine when we go to bed

29. The way you pull me closer to you and hold me to you, when I should be getting up and ready for work

30. Your muscles (Did I already mention those? Because they deserve another mention.)

31. The way you kiss me and take my breath away

32. The butterflies you still give me when you look at me

33. The way you make love to me

34. The fact that you are such a wonderful person, that SO many people want to be around you

35. Your unwavering faith in me, this family, and our life.

My adoration for you will never falter, never fade, and will grow more and more with each passing year.  You are still, and will always be, my Superman, my light, my other half.

Happy Birthday, Dave.

I love you.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment