Recently, I have given over a large portion of the family decision making to Mr. Clark Kent. He's done really well with all the scary responsibility so far, and still talks with me about all the big decisions before he gives the final word. But HE is now the one that has to decide if the kids can go on sleepovers, camping trips, etc etc, and if they've done enough of their chores/ taken care of their responsibilities to be rewarded with these fun little outings.
This has been extremely liberating for me, as I feel that I can talk a little easier with the kids, and not just feel like I have to jump to the "NO" answer that I was so prone to doing, nor do I feel like "the heavy" in the household. It is now an equally shared responsiblity. And... it makes Mr. Kent a little more aware of everything that is going on with all the LTS's and their lives, so he understands how busy they are, as well... and how much it takes to keep up with them and all their little going-ons. It's been a blessing. Another new mantra for me...
![]()
crazy person adrenaline junkie, and he wants a partner that he can share some of these crazy adventures with. Kayaking, cliff diving, 3 day~100 mile hikes through the Black Hills... these are just a few of his ideas/desires. I realize that it's time for me to open the door to these possibilities. I have, all my life, been too afraid to try crazy different things in fear of injury failure. Cliff diving can't be ALL that bad... right?!?! Even if you ARE deathly afraid of heights. Maybe it will be one of those "stare fear in the face" kind of things. And we do very well with pushing each other, in a positive way, and in the right direction. Maybe this is something I really need?!?!? (That or some serious meds and some Depends.)
There is a trade off here, though, as he has agreed to do some of the things I would like, too... like take some swing dance and tango classes with me, and promises to start taking me out dancing more. I also mentioned a MLB game, road trippin it to Denver to check out bistros and coffee houses, among other things on my Bucket List. God... wouldn't that be AMAZING. We'll see. I think this, to him, is like my fear of heights. He may be thinking about back pedalling, now. I guess we'll take it as it comes, and just try to enjoy the moments as they come. I think it's going to be great.
Opening up to the new possibilities in this life just makes me feel all fluttery. I kind of feel like a snake shedding its skin... making way for changes. I am thrilled. I am excited to see the person I am growing into, and look forward to becoming comfortable in my new skin.
Blessed Be.
Jess
This has been extremely liberating for me, as I feel that I can talk a little easier with the kids, and not just feel like I have to jump to the "NO" answer that I was so prone to doing, nor do I feel like "the heavy" in the household. It is now an equally shared responsiblity. And... it makes Mr. Kent a little more aware of everything that is going on with all the LTS's and their lives, so he understands how busy they are, as well... and how much it takes to keep up with them and all their little going-ons. It's been a blessing. Another new mantra for me...
LOVE IT!!!
Also... I have painfully recently become aware of the fact that I do, indeed, need to shit or get off the pot. By this, I mean I need to really start grabbing life by the balls and LIVE. There is SO little that I have done for myself or with my husband to remind myself/us what fun there is out there to be had. Yes... we have four children... but we ARE still a married couple, and the kids aren't babies anymore. We should be going out from time to time... just the two of us... and REALLY having some fun! Dinner and a drive once a month is just NOT going to cut it anymore. A leisurely hike up to Devils Bathtub is wonderful, but not exactly a total rush.
You see... I have a husband who happens to be a There is a trade off here, though, as he has agreed to do some of the things I would like, too... like take some swing dance and tango classes with me, and promises to start taking me out dancing more. I also mentioned a MLB game, road trippin it to Denver to check out bistros and coffee houses, among other things on my Bucket List. God... wouldn't that be AMAZING. We'll see. I think this, to him, is like my fear of heights. He may be thinking about back pedalling, now. I guess we'll take it as it comes, and just try to enjoy the moments as they come. I think it's going to be great.
Opening up to the new possibilities in this life just makes me feel all fluttery. I kind of feel like a snake shedding its skin... making way for changes. I am thrilled. I am excited to see the person I am growing into, and look forward to becoming comfortable in my new skin.
Blessed Be.
Jess
You are 1 of the greatest women I know and your hubby is amazing I love you both keep rocking baby girl.
ReplyDelete