It seems that I have lost alot of the ambition that I started off with when I first created this blog. I was so very excited to be writing again, and also excited about having an outlet for all my daily/weekly frustrations. However... it seems that I have been a little "too busy" to give it much attention lately. Time to give myself some time...
I realized a LONG time ago that I don't have to give a shit what people think. If people don't like it... that's ok. I'm not here to please anyone... but me. So... with that said...
Lots of changes going on with me, lately. The main one that I am going to focus on for this particular blog... I am really learning to let things go.
Alot of things that I thought were extremely important to me, things that I thought mattered... Turns out They. Really. Don't.
What is the phrase??? "Don't make someone a priority that makes you only an option." Something like that... right. GREAT phrase. I think it may become one of my new mantras.
I have just grown tired of wondering... tired of guessing... tired of having to try so hard to be a "friend". Friendship should never be that hard. So...DONE.
And you know what... it's extremely liberating.
Some may call it selfish, self-righteous, or maybe even rude, or blahblahblahblahblah... I don't care anymore. Just don't. Done Done Done.
My friends know who they are... and know who I am... and understand that friendship is a mutual thing... not a one way street. Everyone else can just piss off. I've had enough.
Alot of things that I thought were extremely important to me, things that I thought mattered... Turns out They. Really. Don't.
What is the phrase??? "Don't make someone a priority that makes you only an option." Something like that... right. GREAT phrase. I think it may become one of my new mantras.
I have just grown tired of wondering... tired of guessing... tired of having to try so hard to be a "friend". Friendship should never be that hard. So...DONE.
And you know what... it's extremely liberating.
Some may call it selfish, self-righteous, or maybe even rude, or blahblahblahblahblah... I don't care anymore. Just don't. Done Done Done.
My friends know who they are... and know who I am... and understand that friendship is a mutual thing... not a one way street. Everyone else can just piss off. I've had enough.
From now on... I HAVE to learn to say good riddance and move forward with the lesson.
And guess what... moving forward really feels good.
Blessed Be.
J
I read your blog! I enjoy it when people put interesting stuff on fb that might teach me somthing or add something to my life. Not that I dont occationally find the fact that someone hates their job entertaining. I gained much more perspective from your blog than their status! My favorite like was about not making someone a priority in your life when they only make you an option! What excellent advice!
ReplyDelete