Tuesday, March 22, 2011

~A Drop in the Bucket~

Flensberg, Germany

This was the view we had out of our wonderful hotel room.  The red roofed building is the fantastic  restaurant we ate at... but we wanted to sit on the water and watch the boats come in, so we had the option of sitting where the white canopied area is. The food was incredible. We each had a very large glass (pitcher) of beer, which gave me quite a nice little buzz.  By the time we were done with that... it was dusk, and we took a wonderful walk around the bay, then enjoyed a local band that was playing just to the right of the restaurant, on the steps.    It. was. phenomenal!

The following day, we walked around the city, and visited the large, green roofed church that you see on the top of the hill in the above picture.  It was built in the 1600's and was gorgeous.


We continued walking all over this beautiful city, enjoying the cobblestone streets and old buildings...


marveled at the pristine landscaping...



and visited the Walking District, admiring the "Forest Trolls" wishing well...

(Forest Trolls are lucky in Denmark and Germany)


We even had the chance to stop and play at one of the many parks located all over the city.




We had SUCH a fantastic two days in Flensberg, and made wonderful memories that Dave and I will cherish for the rest of our lives.


And that was only 2 days of our 16 day adventure. =) 

Looking back on these pictures, and the pictures from our California vacation, I have realized that I already have two things on a Bucket List that I can cross off. 

#1) Taking my family on a wonderful weeks vacation to California and Disneyland. 

#2) Flying half way around the world with my husband and spending two glorious weeks in two foreign countries.

(Both of these foreign countries were home to our ancestors ~ Dave's was Denmark, mine being Germany.~ How cool is that?!) 

I guess I HAVE already started with a list. I just needed to focus a bit.

Blessed Be. =)

1 comment: