Wednesday, October 19, 2011

~Miscreants and My Manners~

Sometimes, I hate that I tend to care too much about people.  That sounds horrible, doesn't it. 

What I mean by this... is.. complicated.

I love that I have friends that care for me, and that I care about.  I love trying to help in any way I can.  I love that they would be there for me if I needed them.  I love that they can come to me with anything at all, and know that I am going to listen to them... and when I'm asked, I will give them the straight, honest answer I have, in the nicest way possible.  I love the friends that will do that for me, as well. I feel that THAT is what builds strength and trust in every relationship.

I hate, however, that sometimes I worry about things in their life that I can't do anything about. The hardships that they are going through that are NOT my problems...Things I can't change.  Problems I've stuck (or they have pulled) my nose in... and I don't like the smell of. (You know... the lingering smell of bullshit that you know is there, but cannot, out of good manners and friendship, say anything about.) The troubles that I see just waiting to smack them in the face, that they are completely unaware of. Their problems... that I can't say anything about. Instead, I have to quietly stand by and try to smile.

That's the best way I can explain my conundrum right now.  Seeing, and knowing, that a friend is being taken advantage of, disrespected, and deceived... and not have the right to say anything about it.  F.  I hate it.

I guess... all I can do is continue to be there for this friend... love them, listen to them, support them, not judge them, and let them know I am here... no matter what... and hope for the best.

But, I can't deny that I will have these lingering thoughts in the back of my mind, and continue to want to scream out:  "This is SO wrong!!"... and "Your partner is a miscreant"... and "What the F are you thinking??!!".

Confounded inner voice.

Ludicrous manners.



Damned opportunists.










My rant for the day...

J

No comments:

Post a Comment