Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yin and Yang ~ For my Soulmate

Do you remember when we first got back together, my love?  After 5 years of being apart, only seeing each other in passing here and there?  That first wonderful evening of reconnecting... Do you remember how easily it was for us to just click back together?  I do. 

I remember looking into those beautiful eyes of yours and reeling in how lovingly they look into mine.  I remember thinking "here's the guy that has always accepted me for EVERYTHING I am, and will not judge or demean me." 

I recall the conversations about "it doesn't matter to me what our past 5 years is about... I just care about now and from now on...", and the ones about "that's what I love about you... you are not afraid to say what's on your mind and you don't care what other people think... you are just YOU" . 

I reminisce about those first few glorious months that we reunited and could NOT keep our hands off one another... how every song on the radio made me miss you, think of you... how the time would fly by when we were together, and yet creep by if we were apart.

I love the fact that after 12 years of marriage, we still love to touch, songs still make me think of you, and I still get butterflies when I think about you.

I smile at the thoughts of all the wonderful late night conversations, the "venting" phone calls, the fantastic love notes we'd write to each other.

I feel like I have not said/done enough lately to express my deep gratitude for you and for all you do for our family. So ... thank you, sweetheart. There are no words astute enough to express to you the deep sense of pride, adoration and love I have for you. You are a wonderful husband, a phenomenal father, and an exemplary wonderful man. You are my rock, my love, and my every happiness.  The yin to my yang, and my true soulmate. I count my blessings everyday that you are in my life.

There are so many very wonderful moments that I hold in my memory bank and will cherish for the rest of my life.  Thank you so much for these, and I am looking forward to a lifetime more, with you.

I just wanted to remind you of where I stand... and that is, and forever will be, by your side.  Proudly.  Joyfully.  Eternally.

I adore you, David.

Forever

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment