Thursday, August 4, 2011

~ A Clean Vacation ~

 With Fall already just around the corner, and school starting in 3 weeks, I thought it would be a good time for me to get organized.  So, I am going to go ahead and use the rest of my vacation time to start getting the house and LTS's ready for the upcoming adventures. 

The more I started thinking about this, however, the more I realized what an epic moron I am.  Who the hell takes their vacation time to CLEAN?!? Really, Jess.  Jesus.

FAIL.
            
                      
                        I will still make the best of it.


                                                      
I vow to myself to only take ONE full day to clean the house top to bottom. I do have the desire to gut my downstairs livingroom completely, dumping the old couch and replacing it with the two nice recliners from upstairs.  I want to rearrange everything, and I'm thinking that basement needs a little color on the walls... but needs to be a pretty neutral tone (for when we place the house on the market).  Wow... In my mind I'm really damned ambitious.  We'll see how far I get.



I will take my next day off to write any "no school" days and any "special events" into the calendar, and go through all the kids dressers and closets to see what all we need to buy, and what they already have. We will then go clothes and supply shopping and get it all done in one shot.  Waste not, want not. 

"But mmmmmoooooooommmmmm... I don't have AaaaaaNnnnnY shirts..." is not going to work on me dear ones.  I do your laundry.  I know what you have and don't need.  Give up now while you are ahead.  UmmKay...









The third, forth and fifth day of my vacation I WILL be doing something fun with the LTS's.  Come hell or high water... we ARE going to have fun!!! We need to sit down right now and make a little "mini bucket list" of things we all want to do before summer is gone, and see what we can accomplish during these three fun days.  

Really looking forward to my time off.  Been a long time since I've had a paid vacation.  Been WAY too long since I had three glorious FUN filled days with my kiddos. How exciting!!

Blessed Be.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment