Working through some more needed changes this week. Trying to rid myself, and my life, of any negativity and/or unnecessary drama as possible.
Didn't realize it would be so hard to break up with Facebook. It seems that when you try to do this, some people will scorn you, refer to you as a score keeping attention whore, and/or try to make you feel bad for your personal choices.
Was not expecting the nasty comments that some have said while I am trying to separate myself, for my own reasons, from negative situations.
Finding it amazing...the things that people think they can say to you through technology, but can't seem to find the balls to say face to face.
Coming to terms with those "not so real friends" in my life and trying to reassure myself that this is for the best. ( *'Good Riddance'* post)...
Reminding myself that I still have family and good friends all around me, and don't need that damned website for that.
I can guarantee that no more than 10 friends have, in the past 2 years, come up and sat down on my back deck with me for a beer, or have invited me to their house for one. 10 Friends, max... These are the people I would like to share my experiences/pictures/craziness with. These are my friends. Simple as that.
I may still utilize Facebook from time to time to get ahold of the important people in my life that live far away and I don't have a lot of contact with. That's what it should be for. I am grateful for the people that choose to keep me around on their pages. Don't get me wrong, there. It's nice to stay in contact. I feel, however, that if you live close by, and want to know what's going on with me...come see me. Call me. Text me. Lets go grab a beer or something. If you are curious about me and my going on's, and are in the area... come BE my friend. If you don't have time, because life IS busy... I understand. But it takes the same amount of time to send a text as it does to log into and then comment on FB.
Hoping I still hear from alot of people, and that I can keep friendships going and making people smile. But focusing on myself and my well being, and my family's happiness HAS to come first. If that seems selfish, I'm not intending it to. I am just shooting it straight. It's who I am.
Blessed Be.
J
No comments:
Post a Comment