Monday, May 30, 2011

~ What's THAT grin about? ~

Well, it's official.  I now have THREE teenagers in the house. I have successfully raised the three older children (whom I met when they were 3, 2, and 11 months old) into their adolescence, and they are all still alive and in one piece. I'll be damned. Only two more years until my Bug will join this little group, and the final stages of losing all my sanity will be complete.  Damn, am I feeling old.  Where the hell does the time go?  And how the hell is it that I am turning 34 years old this week.  Ri-damned-diculous.  Seriously.  I should still be 21  25  29.... Oh, F.

Is this about the time that people have a mid-life crisis??  When IS it acceptable to lose all your schmidt and throw caution to the wind?!?  Because I've got my eye on one beautiful black and blue 2011 Camaro that would make all my little concerns just disappear. Especially once I hit about 120 in that bitch on my way to Never Never Land ( or the West Coast... whichever comes first.)  I hear Napa Valley is beautiful this time of year...

In all seriousness, though...

When DOESN'T Napa Valley look beautiful... to a winno?

No, really... I'm just reeling in all the things that have passed so quickly by in this life.  The experiences that I will hold onto forever and that I pray my kids always remember.  The mistakes that I've made that I hope I can forgive myself for, and my kids can do the same.  The fun we've had this far... the lessons we've learned together, the laughter we've shared... it's been a crazy ride so far... and I wouldn't trade one single minute of it for anything else in the world.


Yes... I do go off my rocker from time to time.  Yes... I understand what the general population was thinking when I said "hey... I'm marrying a guy with three kids"... and Yes... I probably was a little crazy at the time.  And Yes...  I would do it ALL OVER AGAIN.

It's been a real trip so far... and I'm still smiling like a fool.

Maybe it's the Camaro/ 120mph/ Napa Valley fantasy that keeps replaying in my head... 

But damn it... I'm grinnin ear to ear.

Blessed Be, All.

No comments:

Post a Comment