Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Tickle Me Tuesdays ~ Music, friends and family
Well... after my little negative rants for the past few days, I suppose I am about due for a positive blog. =)
Tuesdays are starting to become one of my favorite days to blog, as I find myself looking for positive things, happy moments, and uplifting insights that I can focus on and talk about. It's a good little habit to get myself into.
First off... music.
It's amazing to me what music can do for our souls. With just a few of the "right songs", my soul seems elated and I feel I can face whatever is coming next. It seems so many songs out there can express some of the schmidt that I didn't realize that my soul was trying to say. Songs that make me realize I am not alone in my thoughts, in my hardships, in my happiness or my heartaches. Songs that dance with me when I feel the need or desire. Songs that make me stop and really pay attention for a few minutes and make me reflect...
Music has been, and will always be, with me, and I am so very grateful to my wonderful mother, who ALWAYS has music playing, and has helped to nurture my soul (and my creative processes) in this fantastic way.
Second... time with friends and family
I had the opportunity this prior weekend to spend some time with two of my oldest friends. (By "oldest", I don't mean dentures, wheelchairs, and whitehairs... oh, ye of literal translation. =D ) Friends I have known since I was a child... girls whom I grew up with, and also witnessed their growth into phenomenal, strong women... women I consider two of my very closest friends... and their friendships are a blessing to me. We had some great conversations and some giggles, and some nice "catch up" time. It's so refreshing to spend time with people that I've known for such a long time, and see the two completely different characters that they are, and to cherish the two diverse personalities. Thanks, ladies, for the wonderful gifts of "you"!
Also, Mom and Dad treated my girls and me to a nice sit down "Valentines Day" dinner on Saturday. We all remembered how wonderful it is to connect and laugh with one another, and agreed this is something we need to start doing more. Now that the kids are older, it's MUCH easier to go to a sit down restaurant and not want to hide under the table for something embarrassing that one of the kids did, screamed out, or threw. Thank God for that! We had a wonderful time, and look forward to the next time, when WE can treat YOU!
Last but not least... the sun is shining and it's a gorgeous day!
'nuff said.
Loving that these "little things" keep me feeling positive and fulfilled.
Blessed Be.
Labels:
Tickle Me Tuesdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment