So, I slacked off last week, and didn't do my Tuesday blog. Looking back on the first Tuesday blog done, I feel it was done too quickly and did not have the substance it should have had. Therefore...I thought I'd try again this week.
Funny how when we try to sit down and think of the things that make us giggle... somedays are harder than others to take into account the joys that we experience every day. Especially when we are stressed, down, unfocused, or perhaps, there are so many people around us that are going through their own little hells, and are hurting. All the more important, I think, that I do this blog subject once a week. Maybe just to try to keep my own balance, maybe to bring a smile to some else's face, or perhaps just to count some unseen blessings that I need to recognize. Let's see...
1.) With pain comes joy~
I have been watching my oldest daughter go on an emotional rollcoaster all week, dealing with the fact that they are talking about cutting out the ROTC program from her high school. A program that she just became a part of this school year, and has become completely, 100% dedicated to. She has made herself high school goals for the next three years in regards to this program, and set different levels of command that she personally wanted to achieve by her senior year. She is feeling so helpless right now, as she is 15 years old, and knows that talking with a panel of legislators, at her age, is not going to get her far. But. she's. trying. For that... I feel an enormous sense of pride and love for this young woman. She knows what she wants for her future. She realizes that these funding cuts will not only effect the program she loves so much, but other programs that are beneficial to so many of her peers and to their futures, as well as her own. I admire her so much, in the fact that she KNOWS where she wants to go in life, and has the "woman balls" (as she would love to refer to them as), to stand up for that desire and do whatever she can to get there. At her age, I had absolutely NO clue what I wanted to be when I grew up. Hell, somedays, I still don't know. So...although it is extremely unfortunate that she is going through this right now, I feel joy for my daughter, knowing that she is such an outstanding young woman who I, and so many others, can look up to. OoRah, Megan!
2.) Musical Debuts ~
I still have wonderful memories of being a kid, and sitting in my parents' livingroom, listening to my big brother and his friends jam out on their fantastic instruments. (I still remember begging my bro to "please teach me how to play!!!" He was awesome enough to take time out and do just that. What a guy.) They played a wide variety of music, but "Knockin on Heaven's Door" is one that sticks with me. "Lost Cause" was their band name at the time, they played school dances, and they were my heroes and my best friends. Years passed, people grew, friendships changed, lives got busy, and the music stopped. But then... low and behold, they recently found their way back to those wonderful instruments, and back into the musical groove. Now...they are "Black Shepherd", and they are STILL my heroes and friends. :) I had the joy of experiencing their musical debut at the Knuckle last Friday night. They. did. AWESOME! I was filled with a sense of pride for my bro, Uriah, Oliver and Dan, and I couldn't help feeling like that little girl sitting in the livingroom, admiring what they do. Thanks guys, for the great time, for allowing me to be a part of your practices, and for being all around great guys, and friends! Looking forward to your next gig!
3.) Passionate Frustrations ~
Since I started this blog, I have made more time for myself to write. Time I have not taken for myself for years. I am finally writing again. It has been way too long, and I feel blessed that I finally took the step to express my soul here and there again. Yes, my friend...(you know who you are,) it looks like passion has been located. Thank you for helping to point that out! Amazing how sometimes, the things we so desperately want to see are right in front of our faces... but it takes someone elses eyes to reflect it. =)
Blessed Be!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment