Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chattering Tidbits

I woke up this morning immediately wanting to throw my alarm clock out the window and curl back up under the blankets with my Superman. There was absolutely no where else I needed to be but wrapped up in his arms, delighting in the way he gently rubs his nose on the back of my neck, and the way he squeezes me tighter when I move.  I could stay like that forever.

Damn reality had to kick in, and I reluctantly got out of bed and started my day. I have decided, however, that I am going to blissfully feast on the above thought all day long. This yummy little emotion also started a domino effect and got all sorts of other tidbits chattering away in my brain...

The loudest one?? Taking things for granted.

I think everyone is guilty of this from time to time.  We get so caught up in daily routines that it's all too easy to do. I find myself crabbing at this wonderful man about leaving his socks laying around, or about not hanging up his clothes. Complaining from time to time that he doesn't do this or that... but...  What if he was no longer around to do these "little things" that wind my clock? The thought alone puts a pit in my stomach and make my eyes well up...

Do I tell him enough? Do I show him enough how important he truly is to me? What if, God forbid, something were to happen to him? Would he know, without a doubt, how MUCH I adore him?

I could not imagine one day in my life without him in it.  No words can properly express the deep admiration, the urgency, the desire and love I feel for this man.  He has been my friend for over 20 years and has always accepted me for everything that I am, or am not for that matter. He helps me to be a better, stronger person. Where I stop, he starts, and vice versa. He is, without a doubt, the greatest blessing in my life.

I will take the chance of wearing out the words "I Love You", by telling him as much as possible, every day,  and will forever be overjoyed and extremely proud that he is MY Superman.



Jess

P.S. Have you told the people in your life how truly important they are to you? Do they know, without a doubt, how you feel for them?  Don't wait. Tell them. Today. Tomorrow. Every day.  We have so many chances to do so... don't miss these wonderful opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment