"When you feel you have come to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." ~ Thomas Jefferson
The older they get, the more "complex" their aggravations, along with their fabrications.
There are days that I'm not sure if I am going to make it through their adolescence. Pretty sure I'm gonna be batshit crazy by the time my fourth (and youngest) is 15.
Somedays, I just throw my hands up in the air, laugh it off, and move on to the next set of theatrics that I know is inevitably headed my way.
Other days, I'm ready to pull out all my hair, go all "Joan Crawford" on their asses, eye twitch included, and then run screaming down the street, with fits of insane laughter in between... never to return...
"Why, no, Mr. Officer... I do NOT have a home... but I do have this phenomenal bottle of wine, here..."
I know... I know. It's going to be a long hard road for awhile. They are going to test my boundaries, my limits, my patience. They are going to play on my sympathies, learn my weaknesses and play on them as well, and they are going to push every. button. I. have.
What I wonder is... "do these obstinate little creatures realize how close to the end of my rope I am?"
"Do they realize how lucky they are that I don't know Kung Fu?"
"How does one do the death grip?"
Oh, I love them, OH so very much... but much more of this and I may have to check myself into the local
Psychiatric hospital for a little R&R.
SO... it seems I have another "Proud Parenting Moment" to file in my vast and ever growing Mommy Memory Bank.
OutStanding.=)
Blessed Be.



Love it!! AND... they do know how lucky they are. Who wouldn't with parents like you?? xoxo
ReplyDelete